Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How do I make my boyfriend understand this?

My boyfriend moved out to the bay area almost a year to go to school there. That is 2 1/2 hours from where I live now, and we have been dating for about a year and a half. We are in love, and he says that he is committed to me, etc. However, being a girl, I feel a little uneasy when he goes out on the weekends. It may not be every weekend, but still, it's a bar/lounge other nighttime setting with alcohol and lots of gorgeous women. I tend to get a little sad or upset because I wish WE could go out to places like that together, but we can't. We didn't before because of the town we're from is so small, and now I'm going to school still and working almost full time. I don't have a lot of money so I can't do much. I feel sad that I'm stuck here while he goes off and has fun living his life...I just don't like feeling like I'm missing out on it. He constantly tells me I should be happy and asks my why I get sad/upset. How would you feel if the person that you love most is out there living it up without you, but you have to work all the time and study and go to school in between? These are the things that most COUPLES DO, but I've only been there to do that kind of thing twice. I just don't know what to say to him to make him understand why I am unhappy about this. Please help.How do I make my boyfriend understand this?
I don't understand why you or him can't take the 2 1/2 hour drive to see each other on the weekends.





That's a really rough situation. I was in an online relationship for 3 years, 5 states away......but not we've been living together for 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment