Monday, August 16, 2010

My son is getting threatened online from someone from his school, do I report this to police?

My son turned 16 last month and is grade 10, about an hour ago he came to me and told me he's scared to go to school tomorrow because something happened after school today. There was a new girl in my son's food class who is in grade 11 (which is a gr 10/11 split elective) and said she was very shy and quiet. After school he told me he was hanging out with 3 of his friends in the forest near a trail behind the school that leads out to the other side, and they saw the new girl walking through alone with her books. My son told me him and his friends sort of blocked her and started joking around with her and while she tried walking around them one of the boys tripped her and her books fell, she got up and my son said he softly touched her bottom as she got up and she was almost crying and ran off. My son said it was a joke and they were only playing and really did seem like he was being sincere but I was disgusted to hear he touched her back side as she got up.





My son received a message about an hour ago on his facebook and it was a threat from another student at his school who is apparently is the girls' boyfriend. The message says ';You hope to god I don't find you after school alone or with your friends because if I do I'm going to break your jaw and your face entirely, you touch my girlfriend like that, you're going to have major problems. Be ready';





He's told me he's afraid of going to school tomorrow, he kept telling me he didn't know that was his girlfriend and didn't mean it to be like that. I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this situation. The student who sent my son the threat is also in grade 10 and is 16, but as soon as I saw his picture I thought this is going to be a huge issue.





http://s995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/christinel73/?action=view%26amp;current=15.jpg





Apparently he has a history of violence and has hospitalized another student before, my son tells me he's 6ft and 220lbs of pure muscle, my son is barely 100lbs and has never been in a fight before. I know I should handle this very cautiously. Should I bring this up with the school, the police? How do I go about approaching this problem? Thanks.My son is getting threatened online from someone from his school, do I report this to police?
Use caution here. Yes you could report it to the school district or the police, but there will be some consequences. While right now you could press harassment charges against the boyfriend, the girl could retaliate by filing sexual assault charges against your son.My son is getting threatened online from someone from his school, do I report this to police?
print out the facebook page, show it to the police. and the principal too. and its a facebook violation to threaten people.
Somehow I don't find myself feeling sorry for your son.


Not advocating violence--just sayin.
this boy has a history of violence and NOW your son has a history of keeping someone against their will, (BLOCKING HER PLATH AND NOT LETTING HER PASS.) assault (TRIPPING HER) and sexually assaulting someone (TOUCH HER BEHIND)...





he did something wrong and/or helped someone do something wrong and he's getting confronted about it.. I don't feel sorry for him..





then again.. print out the page and make sure to show it to the school, keep records of everything.. tell your son TO NOT DO THIS AGAIN!! and to make sure he is not alone .. stay where others can see him and to let a teacher know if something happens..
Your son's in a tough spot. If you both report her boyfriend for making the physical threat, it's most likely that nothing serious would happen to him and your son would probably get in bigger trouble for poking her butt. I think your son should just watch his back, and preferably keep some good friends around him when walking between classes and to the bus (you should pick him up after school and drive him back and forth, if you can), and if all else fails to learn how to run really fast. If he just gets an old fashioned butt kicking, then he should just take it like a man and consider it a lesson learned. But if the boyfriend goes overboard and repeatedly goes after your son or sends him to the hospital with serious injuries (broken bones, removed spleen, etc.), then I would report it to the authorities.


Good luck.
I'm sorry to say, but your son is a bully and a punk. He's perfectly fine, and has apsolutely no problems ganging up on a female with his pals and sexually assaulting her, but he's going to cry like a little baby when the girl ends up having a guy friend that's bigger and tougher than him? Tell him he made his bed and he should lay in it.





You should start teaching your son how to DO THE RIGHT THING!





This includes reporting the boy AND your son to the princaple AND the police...with your son with you...I'd go so far as to make your son confess to the princaple. He needs to take his punishment. Trying to get him out of trouble is only going to enforce his weasley little attitude...And he's going to grow up to be nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment