Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there anyone out there who is dating a man/woman who's already been married before?

How do you feel being the 'new' girl/boyfriend and there being an ex wife/husband in the picture? My partner is seperated from his wife and will be getting divorced, it feels strange when I hear him say things about his past and refer to his wife as obviously 'his wife' as thats what she is. Maybe I'm being too sensitive, I know he's with me now but I just wondered how other people have handled it???Is there anyone out there who is dating a man/woman who's already been married before?
My perspective may be different because I am separated and going through preparing for a divorce but, I have an interest in a person who is also going through a divorce. I don't have any problem with him mentioning his ex because she was a part of his life and part of what has made him the man that I know now. I figure in some way, pretty much every one has ex's and have come to realize that all that matters is where that person is now and if they are with me, I am satisfied to know that they chose me.Is there anyone out there who is dating a man/woman who's already been married before?
Yes, I am in a very similiar situation right now and it really does suck. The thing is, does he share children with his wife? If not, you can thank your lucky stars that when their divorce is final that if he is commited to you that it's ';so long ex wife!'; My boyfriend hardly ever brings up the divorce situation because they have been legally separated for so long so he says it's as though they have already been divorced for a year and a half, so it's not so fresh. Also, he never says his ';wife,'; he refers to her as his ex wife already. If you think your man is ready to move on with a life with you, then congratulations and you are just going to have to wait it out and the insecurities. If he's not, maybe you should cut your ties now.
I am also in this situation, although he refers to her by name, rather than wife or ex wife. I have never met her and do not intend on doing so. I heard she's a dragon!





I do feel a little bit like, whoa, she was special in his life for so long, and to top it she is the mother of his child. It leaves me wondering, how much can I really mean to him? She will always have the 'label' of being his most significant relationship, and they are forever tied by the child. He says he could never ever ever go back to her, which reassures me. And I need to hear that!





It's a tough one, but I love him so much I just try to focus on the great relationship we have together.


She lost him, but now he's mine :) and I ain't letting go!
I understand your feeling maybe some of the things he says like ';my wife'; are just a slip of the tongue don't be too harsh on him. Try and focus on what you have got together and the crease of his previous marriage should hopefully sooner than later iron itself out. Both of you should look to the future not the past it's irrelevent.





I have never been married or divorced but once a relationship is null and void it's null and void don't worry.
Well, that is part of life, give it in about 10-15 years of marriage %26amp; your feelings will change. I was in the same boat, my GF was married before, her ex was abusive, never gave me any problems, I did carry a gun sometimes. I had never been married, I had to swallow the truth that she had ';lived %26amp; was married'; to someone before me. Cooked his food, washed his clothes,,, etc,,,he finally got out of the picture, sometimes I almost forget she was married before. Give it time, but if you can not deal with it %26amp; it haunts you,,,you need to move on,,,,
My hubby was married before and his ex is a real cow, she makes my life a living hell. I've been with him 5yrs and married 2 of them. He has 2 kids and she tells them that they can do what they like at our house cos I can't tell them off. I refuse to go near her house cos you'd never know if she'd come out to start or not I don't even answer the phone if it's her. But I love my husband and she's not worth worring about cos she's his past and i'm his future, so forget about your partners ex she wasn't the 1 for him or he'd be still with her but he's not he's with you!
Yes my husband was married before and i hate it. I hate his ex wife because she makes my life hell. I hate that he has three kids with her and not me and i hate that he has to give half of his money to child support. I hate that my life and my wanting kids and my wanting to buy a house has to be put on hold because of that witch of an ex wife of his. She is always taking him back to court for more money. She even hits on my husband in front of me. She is mean to me and says horrible things to me, she calls every five seconds and for dumb things to, like '; Johnny forgot a shoelace at your house last weekend can you drive two hours to my house to bring it back';. It is ridiculous. I hate her. But i love my husband and i wouldn't want to live my life with out him. All this stuff is just something i have to deal with if i want to be with a man that was married before and has kids with someone else. But it is all worth it.........most of the time. LOL.
My husband and I have both been married before. There are little twinges of jealousy, which I think is natural. But we both know that we are not in those marriages anymore and that our lives have moved on. Everyone makes bad decisions sometimes and everyone has a past. We know that we made the right decision this time and we are going to be together forever. He chose me this time and I am thankful for that and I know they are a thing of the past. Just remember that - they are apart for a reason and now he has chosen you.
You must understand that its very rare for love to stop instantly, there is very often a period where love turns to luv and the loss of that little bit can have dramatic effects on people. It quite common for people to still love past partners for years afterwards though not in a sexual sense but in a friendly sense.. The thing is you are with him now and so that love he had for her will fade while his love for you should build eventually you'll be his wife and he will refer to her has his ex or by her name.. So be strong and allow time for his emotional self to catch up with his physical self..
One of my best friends is involved with a man who is divorced with a child. She deals with it, but it's hard. She has to see the ex-wife every now and then and always gets jealous about how she's looking. She deals with it by putting it out of her mind most of the time. When she has to think about it, she does for a brief period of time and then puts it out of her mind again.
I know exactly what you mean, because my partner although he only just recently moved out, he still calls the house he lived in ';home'; and it is very uncomfortable.





Just take one day at a time, although I am aware that it is easier said than done!





I wish you all the luck!
My husband was married before me. I don't really care about his ex. If she was involved in our life then it'd probably cause some problems but she isn't so I don't have any problems. I don't talk about my past relationships and he doesn't talk about his.
It depends on your age. If you are under 35, then it's hard to accept. If you're over 35 and still struggling with it, you're the one with the issues, not him.





Go find someone who doesn't have a past marital partner. Really. You'll be living ';her'; life forever otherwise.
It is a sensitive time in the persons life ho is going through this. You must show maturity and pretty much let him get it out of his system. He is probably not ready for a serious relationship either. You could be the rebound girl.
just take it one day at a time, he is with you, it might be strange at times, eventually the past will fade into the past, enjoy each other and your new partner in love (-:
i had one of you, during my divorce.


and of course, i dropped her like a cold rock as soon as divorce was final.





get out of where you are. now.
Yes its hard sometimes whne she gets to talking about her past relationship with her husband


But thats part of it if we are going to be with someone that was married before.
Yes - My husbands had an ex and I hate her as he is always on about her. makes me feel as if I came in between them even though he had the option of not getting married to me.
nowadays, you can't find anyone who hasn't been married before than divorced. get used to it.
In the same situation and yes you are being too sensitive - just need to let it go. Just remember he chose to be with you now!
The gf I'm with now is still married. No big deal.
Well if it's the past then I have nothing to worry about. As long as I love him=3
Nope.





But I can imagine it would be very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment