Saturday, August 21, 2010

Jealousy towards my boyfriend's ';girl friend';?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 10 months and a week now. I love him so much. We had a really rocky patch a few months back but we stuck it out. Now, I knew before I started dating him, that he had a lot of friends that were girls. I thought I would be one of those girls secure with herself, and that I wouldn't turn into a psycho. Well I did turn into one of those jealous girls. I hate it but, I have had problems with guys talking to ';Just Friends'; in the past and turns out there was something more. He originally told me that he and this girl were just friends. A few weeks into dating he mentioned that they had gone out but it just didn't work and they didn't talk for months. Now this girl is by my standards ';gorgeous'; shes a size 1...3 maybe, has big boobs, long blonde hair and blue eyes.( I'm pretty happy with my body.I've been told aside from the boob size I'm built like my idol Dita Von Teese so no complaints there) I've had bad experiences with girls like that stealing guys I was going for away from me. In December, on a day I was going Christmas shopping for him, this girl decided she wanted to come over and practice guitar with him ( she plays metal guitar..I just listen to metal music). Of course it had to be a day I couldn't come over. A week before that she had asked my boyfriend if he knew any good single guys. When he said he had one he knew she would like she replied ';YOU??? I thought you had a girlfriend already silly!!!'; My boyfriend doesn't understand just how evil girls can be, and laughed it off. He thinks that if he says he has a girlfriend automatically girls get the message. He doesn't see all the girls eyeballing him when we go out. I've watched girls follow us around the store and try and brush past him, until I give them the ';I'll poke your eyes out b**** '; look. Now back to this girl. I told him I didn't like them talking until I met her and saw how they were together. It nearly caused us to break up because he said I didn't like any of his ';girl friends';. ( NOT TRUE: His one friend is amazing and we get along great. She always makes sure at parties she has to introduce me as his girlfriend.And she is very down to earth.) This girl...she began IM-ing him while I was at my job for 8 hours. I quit that job a while ago, but when I would come home at 2:30 and walk into my room he would quickly shut down the IM box. Turns out she would be talking to him for hours each day. We had a huge discussion about him talking to her, and eventually they just quit talking. We got into a fight recently, and go F*n figure this girl who hasn't been online for months, signs back on, and as he IM's her she was all '; OMG THATS SO FUNNY! I was just thinking about talking to you today!!!';. He has invited her to hang out with us before, and she's always too busy when she knows I'll be there, but when she was going to come play guitar when he lived at his parents house %26amp; knew it would just be the two of them. Well she had time until she got called into work or something...IDK exactly why she changed plans that day it was something like that.





I don't know..Now that they are talking again and she is back on-line they are talking a few times a week. I don't mind him talking to ';girl friends'; considering I'm mutual friends with the one, but this girl...I just have a horrible feeling about her. I don't know is my seething jealous wrong? Or should I still keep an eye on this? Jealousy towards my boyfriend's ';girl friend';?
okay, first off, your feelings are SO normal. jealousy is how us girls show we care. im in college, and i swear to you, the girls get hotter, and more aggressive, it's awful.





it's cute when a girl gets jealous, and understandable, but at times, you must keep it to yourself or you'll scare your man away! insecurity is SO unattractive, i'm sure you've seen other couples display it. don't be the idiot girlfriend who had a great boyfriend but couldn't believe he was all hers! he would not stay with you if he didn't love you. quit focusing on her, and focus on him!! buy some sexy lingerie and and show off your body for him, clearly, your boyfriend likes a confident woman. or if you aren't participating in that yet -- bake him some of his favorite treats and hide a sweet note in it.





and always keep your eye out, but don't let it stress you out like this.





good luck!!Jealousy towards my boyfriend's ';girl friend';?
keep an eye out...do everything in ur power to get her out of the pic. Girls cannot be trusted no matter what, she sounds like a whore. Goodluck, get her out of his life and fast!
Your first instincts are usually always right. It sounds like something might be going on between them. I would keep an eye on them.
calm down, hes not with her or something
All about trust here..if you love him, trust him no matter what
You should break up with him. He clearly will not stop being ';friends'; with girls no matter what you say to him. If I were you I would tell him, calmly '; i thought I could handle you having so many female friends. But when I found out you dated one of your female friends thats where I draw the line. She is an EX for a reason. You should not be friends with an ex. I do not feel comfortable around (specific girls name) her and I dont want to see you anymore if you continue to call her and see her. I should be more important than some friend of yours.'; And if he doesnt take you seriously or chooses that girl over you, you have your answer. He will always choose her (or them) over you then. No matter what. So when she tries to steal your man he will not know what hit him until he is under her spell, and by then doesnt care about you anymore to see you were right.


So you need to give him the ultimatum


';me or her'; Plain and simple.





My BF does not have any female friends. He has male friends only. Some have GFs that he is friendly with but only because they are his friends' GFs. My BF is NOT friends with any of his ';exs'; nor would I allow him to be. And the same goes for me. I really dont have any male friends and I do not speak to any exs of mine.


Exs are exs for a reason which means never speak to them again!
i'm really sorry you are going through a hard time. i'm a jealous girlfriend sometimes ti so i understand what you are telling me.





you can either have faith in your love and if you thinks he treats you the way you want and that you feel really confident with him and he wouldn't do anything, just trust him





however, please talk to him, calmly about it and tell him that although you really trust him, it's that girl/those girls you don't trust. and be sure and don't tell him ';you shouldn't'; or ';don't talk to her'; just tell him that it makes you feel bad and unhappy.





if he loves you he should try to help you and the relationship you have together.





if you know he will just say no and never stop talking or change anything for you...i don't know... it won't mean he doesn't love you...it may just mean that he is a bit selfish and is not trying to put the same effort as you are putting trying so hard to understand and be a good girlfriend





you both have to work it out. BOTH OF YOU


All the best! GOOD LUCK!
The answer to your question depends entirelly on you....and him.





Do you trust him?








If yes. Then tell him your concern. Tell him it bothers you. Tell him why. ONCE. and then drop it forever.








If no.....I think you know what to do.
i have always been the type to have more male friends than female friends but I'll tell you one thing; once i get into a relationship with a guy and hes my boyfriend I no longer hang out on a one-on-one basis with my male friends. Its my own personal rule that I set for myself in order to keep the respect for my boyfriend. I will still talk and catch up with my male friends wether its on the phone or in this case like ur boyfriend; on IMs......... but honestly i feel there is a line that should be drawn somewhere. Yes you do need to trust him but if youre the only one doing any compromising then its not a fair relationship. Perhaps if you just ask him to respect the fact that youre not comfortable with him being one-on-one with his girl friends then he can at least work with you on that. Trust me, im all about keeping friendships regardless of new relationships because its not fair to throw away an old friend just because youve met someone new BUT like i said.. theres a line that needs to be drawn in order to keep the new relationship happy. If hes not willing to compromise at all, you might want to take a break and really think about what youre willing to put up with in order to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment