Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Am I overreacting or is my boyfriend in the wrong?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 5 years now. We had a year and a half break in between, but have been doing great since being back together. We get along great, talk a lot, laugh, etc. etc. etc. However, this new problem just started and it is threatening our relationship. I would like your opinion on it, please.





About two months ago my boyfriend started a new job. When he first started, he mentioned this girl that he found amusing. She was one of those girls that thinks that every guy likes her and flirts constantly. He didn't see her often because of different work schedules, but when he did she would do things like fake punching him, saying things to get his attention like, ';So last night I was giving this guy head and I had a cough drop in my mouth so everything got all sticky!'; Him and I would laugh about the situation because we knew she was just trying to get his attention. I didn't really think much of it, but it was a little annoying. Later, another coworker told him that this girl likes him and likes taking other girls boyfriends.





So around Thanksgiving they get their schedules changed and now they work together constantly. I was at my Dad's house this past Saturday and found out that he was going out with her and another coworker. I was a little annoyed and told him but then I let it go. When I tried texting him that evening while he was out, he was very short with me and responded with, ';What do you need?'; Needless to say, I was shocked as he usually doesn't mind sending 2 or 3 texts to me when he is out for a whole night.





Him and I got into a small argument about the texting. Then I was talking to him on Tuesday during a break at work and found out that she asked him to give her pool lessons (he plays in a league) and he said he would. They were planning to go to a bar alone. I told him I was uncomfortable with that, and he pretty much said too bad. He told me I could stop by for a minute to see him (I hadn't in awhile since it is finals week) and when I showed up, he gave me a one armed side hug and ignored me the rest of the time. Him and her were talking and anytime I tried to get a word in to say I was leaving he would walk right by to help her shoot. I was going to attempt to talk to her, but wasn't given the opportunity. I left after about 10 min and about 30 seconds of conversation.





Since then, I found out that she told him that she doesn't like me and I shouldn't have stopped by, and he agreed. I told him that I was not comfortable with him hanging out alone with her and asked him to not do that again. (He cheated on me a few years ago so I still get a little wary when he is around girls like that alone.) He refuses. I told him that hanging out with her and other people is fine, but I am uncomfortable with them hanging out alone. He still won't do it. He is acting protective of her which bothers me since you would think that he would care about how I feel, and not a girl he met recently.





Anyway, my question is do you think I am overreacting or is he in the wrong? I am not asking that he stop being her friend, just not hang out with her alone until I get to know her better (which probably won't happen because he told me today that he will never let us hang out in the same group).





Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!Am I overreacting or is my boyfriend in the wrong?
Drop Kick him to the curb and don't take him back after he realizes what a slut that girl is.





Who says at work, and I don't care where you work, that you were ';giving a guy a ******** with a cough drop in your mouth'; ??????????? come on.............





If he thinks that's cool....Do you really want a guy like that?


Please, I don't know you... but you sound nice....and You're in college, right? So you're young....You have plenty of time to find the right one..that will treat you with respect ! Get rid of him and don't look back.





What a loser.....If he even finds that remotely interesting he's trash.....because that's what that girl is.





Good luck...Am I overreacting or is my boyfriend in the wrong?
I do not beleive you are overreacting. For one he allready knows that she likes stealing other girls men. So that should be a sign to stay away from her. You sound like a lovely girl who probably can get better than what you have. The reason I say you are not overreacting is because if he is your bf than he should obey your request for him not to hang out with her alone. Another reason is that he should be on your side no matter what and when she said you shouldnt of been their he should of said she is my gf and she can be here and he should of been closer to you while you were their. If you ask me he is cheatin on you with her so you should give him an option and see what he chooses cause i think he is doin more than you think with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment